I Forge Iron

Shop on the cheap?

intrex

The idea of roofing over the container is a good one. Coming from a hot sunny climat, a parasol roof to shade the container would keep it much cooler. The sun beating down on steel, and heating it up to well over air temp, and then radiating down on you in the shop is not fun.
For those of you using carports, seriously think about insulatin the roof. You can buy 4' roles of insulation for abot a $ a foot from steal building suppliers. But if you leave it exposed birds will tear it up for nesting. Either cover with tin, wood or hardware cloth.

Containers are solar ovens in the summer, shade that roof! Some insulation on the walls will also be nice.

I would do more than 4 footers, and would at least put a few in the middle.

I would look at keeping the anvil, and forge outside under an awning off the container, and use the inside as storage, finishing work area, and man cave as needed. If the anvil,and forge need to be inside you may want to open the floor and let the anvil stand rest on the ground. That will deaden vibrations, and sound. Venting can be done with a fan in the far end wall, and drawing the air through the doors. They do get stuffy if not vented well.

Did I mention shading the roof......