I Forge Iron

Greetings from southern Illinois

Horseman

Hello my name is don ellis. I live about 45 miles East of St. Louis mo. Never really gave much thought to blacksmithing until I attended horseshoeing school. I've been a professional farrier for the last 11 years. during that time of building shoes the last 2 have really peaked my interest in this craft. Looking forward to many years learning.

Don

Welcome aboard Don, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you might be surprised at how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

If you like learning you've hit the jackpot the craft is a life long learning curve.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hello my name is don ellis. I live about 45 miles East of St. Louis mo. Never really gave much thought to blacksmithing until I attended horseshoeing school. I've been a professional farrier for the last 11 years. during that time of building shoes the last 2 have really peaked my interest in this craft. Looking forward to many years learning.

Don

Good to see you on here Don.

Somewhere there is a thread with horseshoers talking about horseshoeing.

The forging and general smithing helps tremendously and is a part of the trade that I think is important and IMO most shoers don't get enough of.

Welcome and hope to see more of you.

George

• 2 weeks later...