I Forge Iron

Advice/Info on this Anvil for purchase

Depending on location and how bad you want a a anvil. To be honest I personally feel that's a bit high in price. The anvil should weigh in the neighborhood of 107#. At that price I'd be looking at buying a new anvil. This anvil looks to be in decent shape but, not $5 a pound.

Just my oppion.

500 peso's a steal!  500 US$ is a crime against the buyer, 500 Euro's even worse!  What's the going rate where you are we can't guess cause WE DON'T KNOW YOUR LOCATION  

And please tell the seller that that paint job takes off from the price asw it may hide flaws---like buying a used car with a new paintjob, you often assume it's been in a wreck and fixed...

A new anvil will probably cost around five dollars a pound then add shipping. Stovestoker the edges on that Peter Wright are toast. Your going to want those edges to be clean. Five hundred dollars for that anvil is asking fare to much. Scrap, it is worth 42 dollars. As an addition to your collection, maybe a buck a pound. As with most things don't let your desire to own that anvil overwhelm you sensibility. JMO

Smiley

$200 would be fair, but most folks are not in business to be fair these days. They are following the old advise "Charge all that the market will bear."

A bigger sucker with deeper pockets may come along any day now, and park that old girl in the middle of a flower bed, 'cuz she is already painted.