I Forge Iron

Just ordered a KMG-10 ...... Can't wait to get

Well, I have been tinkering with making knives for a little over a year and have outgrown my 6x48 belt sander. It just can't do what I want ( or, at least I can't get it to). Since I have some spare money to feed my hobby this was my missing link. Chomping at the bit waiting for it now . Have gotten my pattern welds down and feel real confident in the billets I am making. Now, just need to get better at the grinds and this should help.

Great news a quality grinder along with some good draw filing skills and some basic hand tools will make for some great finishing. My friend at the Choo choo forge is doing the welding on my copy of this. A good 1/2 horse buffer is a great addition as well.

post-26352-0-04109900-1388935157_thumb.j

Now start saving more spare money for the various attachments you can get. I would like to get one of those guys but at the time didnt have the money so I made a NWG. It has performed admirably and was so much nicer then my craftsman. I have since made it a welded grinder and it does even better.  

• 2 weeks later...