I Forge Iron

Calling any and all anvil pros. Another anvil I.D.

I've researched this so far.

"If you see what looks to be a relief of a Badger within an oval, it would be a Badger (American Skein and Foundry Co. of Racine, WI). If for sale snatch it up at almost any reasonable price as this would be a very, very rare anvil. The other American anvil considered to be rare is the Samson. After the manufacturing of Trentons moved to Cleveland, OH, one of the former owners continued to make anvils in Trenton, NJ calling them Samsons."

• 3 months later...
On December 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM, EricRollerskate said:

I'm looking at pics, and it is indeed a Samson! They're even welded at the waist and everything. Apparently these are pretty rare? I'm reading there are only two others known in existence? Does anybody have any other info?

cool..............then I have the 3rd , and probably the smallest one , its 17lbs with a very very very faint marking on the table , anvil on the right of picture......

• 2 years later...

If you want to sell it, post it in the Tailgating section, and prepare to send Glenn, the site owner a commission for the sale.

If you had stopped to look at that section, you would have found a member looking for a small anvil. 

And, where on the planet are you, anyway? This is the WORLD Wide Web. (www)

Plus, if you had stopped to read the rules, no one would have to 'splain this to you.