I Forge Iron

Calling any and all anvil pros. Another anvil I.D.

I got this anvil in a trade, and don't know much about it.  When received it was not painted and has no markings besides a 27 underneath of it. It looks like it has a weld at the waist, but looks like a manufacturer weld. It weighs about 127 lbs.  Rings like a bell, and has great rebound.  Any info is a appreciated, thanks.

post-30078-0-55346700-1385942736_thumb.j

post-30078-0-88035700-1385942746_thumb.j

Very unusual pritchell location.  Less then common upturned horn.  Big electric weld at the waist.  Funny looking feet.  Thicker heel.  These are details that you don't often find in one single anvil.  Proportions make me think Fisher but the waist weld and Josh's comments argue against.  

Was initially thinking that it was a cast iron copy of a real anvil but since you have good rebound then I'm stumped but it doesn't matter because you have a good anvil.  Cut it off of the stump and show us the underside of the base and the underside of the heel.

I initially suspected this of being a cheap knock off, but in comparison to my other anvils (HB,PW & Fisher) its right there in performance. Took a little digging around but I found a bottom pic. Appears to have the weight on the bottom.

That bottom picture shows that the anvil is definitely cast, so it rules out HB, PW, and all of the forged anvils.  It is not a Fisher. 

You might have us stumped.  Pics of the underside of the heel may help at this point.  I'm going to go out onto a limb and suggest either a repair job, top half Fisher or other quality cast anvil, bottom half welded onto something else, or else a one-off nice anvil made by someone with some extra time and steel at a foundry back in the day.  

There is always a chance especially when doing an ID via photos that it is some rare breed that we don't see often if at all.  But I'd put my money on one of the above.