I Forge Iron

Fullering / Bo-hi tool

I wanted to show this new ( almost ) bo-hi cutter .  It is custom made by a friend of mine .

Has changeable cutter 1/4" made from carbide , You can buy cutter  pieces anywhere . It works better than any japanese cutter (Sen)   and you can easily change the tool  cutters .  It has guide that rests on Spine ( Mune) and will make fullers as straight as can be .....  What do you think ?.......  James

Ps you can also polish fuller with this , simply by altering shape of blade to a more rounded shape.

post-48572-0-23149300-1385911755_thumb.j

post-48572-0-67161200-1385911772_thumb.j

post-48572-0-84287700-1385911803_thumb.j

post-48572-0-71195900-1385911822_thumb.j

post-48572-0-97682700-1385912022_thumb.j

Nice idea.  specialized though so not as universal as a sen with changeable blades.  I may have to try and make one sometime.  why the choice of handles inline?  How do you keep it from tipping to one side or the other?  How much pressure is needed to make it cut?  Just me being curious.  :D  

These Blades are changeable , It is flat on bottom and has guide to keep it straight. I have made quite a few swords using this tool

I have a Japanese sen and this is way superior. I decided on inline handle because of a comfort and ability to see what you are doing .

The fellow who made it Lives in England and will make custom ones . This is not an add for business .   

Not much pressure at all is needed . I used to wear myself out using the japanese version.   James

Nice tool James, basically a guided holder for lathe bits. I love it when a tool user adapts tools, faster, better and easier. At first glance I started running the basic principle through my mind in other configurations. Sweet, thank you.

I'm going to keep an eye on your posts for sure. I'm an accomplished idea sponge and you my friend are a fertile field. <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

• 8 years later...
On 12/1/2013 at 9:52 AM, Bubbasan said:

These Blades are changeable , It is flat on bottom and has guide to keep it straight. I have made quite a few swords using this tool

I have a Japanese sen and this is way superior. I decided on inline handle because of a comfort and ability to see what you are doing .

The fellow who made it Lives in England and will make custom ones . This is not an add for business .   

Not much pressure at all is needed . I used to wear myself out using the japanese version.   James

I would love the contact information for the maker of this tool.