I Forge Iron

That new guy who vanished

Hey Madknight, have we met?

Next meeting is January 18th. I don't recall if we set the venue but probably at Pat's again, hopefully someone with a better memory will chime in.

Gee thanks for reminding me Bryan. Thinking about it you never make meetings I'm going to have to nominate you for some club office. Hope to see you again someday.

Frosty The Lucky.

I hope so too my friend.  How about central Alaska run amok?  I can do that fairly well.  Well limp amok maybe better.  :D

I'm healing well from my knee surgery and hope to be forging soon.  But I will promise you right now that we will get together and forge.  I just can't say when that will be.   Living in the interior has its good sides and its bad.  One of the bad things is being so far from friends.

Glad to see you're online Bryan, did you lose power? Healing and therapy can be a job in itself but it's worth it. We'll get together for sure, I still need to give Deb the tour of the interior, all we have to do is find folk to tend the animals.

Madknight: If the weather holds this warm and we don't get too much freezing rain you can make a run to my place. We can build a fire and abuse steel almost any time. Almost, Deb's night vision means I'm driving her to and from work, dog classes, etc. so we have to coordinate.

Frosty The Lucky.

Glad to see you're online Bryan, did you lose power? Healing and therapy can be a job in itself but it's worth it. We'll get together for sure, I still need to give Deb the tour of the interior, all we have to do is find folk to tend the animals.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes we did.  It was off for about two and a half days.  Not a huge imposition but a hassle none the less.  The winter bad weather keeps coming though.  We had another winter weather watch today.  Blizzard conditions.  But that may miss us as its more for the higher elevations and mountain passes.  I sure hope so. 

We would love to host you any time.  Come on up and we can do something together in my tiny little shop.  (compared to yours of course).  We do have some nice things here to see and do and its always fun when family and friends are here.  Bed available anytime.

WE went from below zero to mid-high 20s and rain. Oh what joy. Even with a reasonably new 4x4 pickup and studs we just hung at home and let folk with important errands fill ditches and bend fenders.

Where are the nearest hot springs Chena? It's been many a year since I was in the interior but the hot springs stick in one's memory. Manley has a hotel/motel doesn't it? As I recall the entire town was heated by spring water, kind of smelly showers but very nice place.

Critter sitters is still out biggest issue to traveling. <sigh>

Jer

WE went from below zero to mid-high 20s and rain. Oh what joy. Even with a reasonably new 4x4 pickup and studs we just hung at home and let folk with important errands fill ditches and bend fenders.

Where are the nearest hot springs Chena? It's been many a year since I was in the interior but the hot springs stick in one's memory. Manley has a hotel/motel doesn't it? As I recall the entire town was heated by spring water, kind of smelly showers but very nice place.

Critter sitters is still out biggest issue to traveling. <sigh>

Jer

Chena hot springs is the closest by far.  Its a very nice drive and they have been repairing the road on a regular basis for frost heaves so its in good repair.  Or was last time I was there in summer.  Renee tells me there are accommodations at Manley Hot Springs but I don't remember exactly what they are.  Chena Hot Springs uses Geothermal exclusively and is completely off the grid.  Its a pretty tricked up system and works very well. 

A couple of days ago we hit -40 f but it warmed back up into the mid single digits.  Which is shirt sleeve weather for us.  :P

Certainly understand what you mean by getting sitters for the critters.  Gotta keep the babies warm and fed.

Yeah, Manley is way off the beaten track, we were drilling a bridge site to replace the old steel span but that was I don't remember how long ago, late 70's or early 80's I think. It's been about the same time since I've been to Chena but I've been there a couple few times. I like being able to pick my soak temperature by where I sit in the pool.

I've gotten Deb interested and she's thinking about a place we can leave the old dog, Pocket is getting pretty frail. WE have plenty of volunteers for Falki and Baxter so who knows.

Jer

That'd be up to Deb. Pocket is winding down, making new friends isn't really on her bucket list. Heck she isn't into rides in the car she has a heating pad in her chair or a nice fluffy blanket she seems to like almost as much as dinner.

Jer