I Forge Iron

Deinelt & Eisenhardt Power Hammer

Location is always a factor. Looks like a very robust machine that still has a lot of life in it. I always ask the seller to name his price so they don't get insulted when I field a figure that is 'what I want to get it for'.... :wub:  .....I dang sure won't come up with a full retail offer either, that's against my religon.....

I'm guessing but IF I needed it and IF I had the whip $3500 doesn't seem out of line for that machine but I'd still try to keep some in my pocket..... B)

Thanks for the reply.  I spoke with him again as he had asked me what I would give for it.  I told him I had no idea, so he said $2500 with a new 5hp motor, the pulley and a set of dies. Doesn't sound too bad.

Any other opinions ??

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input, someone else mentioned using a tow truck company, I will keep that in mind.  I have a trailer that will haul it and plan to try using large 60hp tractor to load it as it is available and free.

Did have a small setback,  called the guy last night to let him know I would ride up this morning and pay him.  While talking realized I must have misunderstood him previously as i thought he said $2500, but last night he said it was $3500.  Still not an outrageous price, but i will have to save a little longer.

Thanks again,

Ed

Offer 3000 cash. It may buy it. I am guessing you and the hammer are in the USA? Even 3500 would not be a bad price for a good running hammer. And that one looks very nicely built. I have never herd of it.

I would be happy to trade my 50lb little giant for it!

I think that's a fair approach...3 big one's in cash. Surely it may entice him to make a deal.

That's a fine hammer..

Hope it works out for you

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all your input and advise.  I went today and was able to do a little trading in order to secure the deal.  

Though he wouldn't budge on price, he had a brand new Baldor 5hp motor, 3 sets of dies, pulley, mounting brackets and mounting plate, etc. that I was unaware came with it. Threw in a couple of metal tables, another electric motor, etc..  I'm happy!

Now to get that big dog home :-)

I have access to a large tractor but i don't think I will be able to get it out of the garage with that.  Several people have mentioned the Tow truck idea and as of now it sounds like my best option.

Probably be a while but one I get 'er done, I will try to get some video of it pounding some steel.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to comment or share their opinion.

Ed