I Forge Iron

Brush choppers with leather

Finished these three recently and got them in the mail. All three are 5160, triple normalized, triple hardened, and triple tempered. The sheaths are all built by Luke Swenson. All three sheaths are built to be ambidextrous (which, as a lefty, I really like), with adjustable height belt loops, and leg tie-down areas.

Short bush sword: I forgot to take measurements before packing away, but this is approximately a 14" blade.  The raised clip is a false edge.  Handle wrap is black paracord impregnated with epoxy, with two-strand Turk's head knots fore and aft.

bushsword1_zps76a5c964.jpg

bushsword2_zps495ac94d.jpg

Bush cleaver: About the same length, but a bit heavier. Also in black paracord with two-strand Turk's head knots.

cleaver1_zpscf5bf3a7.jpg

cleaver2_zpseedf562f.jpg

Mini-parang: Posted this before without the leather. Blade is 10 1/4". Hemp cord with epoxy on this one, with three-strand Turk's head knots.

miniparang1_zpsfd7a58a8.jpg

miniparang2_zpse5f91548.jpg

Thank y'all!

After taking these pictures and starting to hike back to the shop, I came across this narrow fellow in the grass.

226_zps67d4cb8e.jpg

230_zps406c6ade.jpg

I don't know what kind he is, but he's not a copperhead or rattlesnake, and wasn't near water, so I don't think he's venomous.  He just wanted me to go away and stop following him around trying to get a good picture of him.  :)  He's at least three feet long, but not particularly big otherwise.  He was well-camouflaged.  If he hadn't tried to get away as I walked by, I would have never seen him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like the style of the blades and the handle is killer for sure. Super cool pieces, you should be very proud of your craftsmanship. Keep up the good work. To the gentlemen who wrote the post above me, ( 2Tim215) I was in your neck of the woods 4 years ago on Safari, I brought my son down to South Africa for his graduation gift from college. You live in a beautiful county and I hope to get back there for a 3rd visit some day.  

Ron