I Forge Iron

Laycock Hydraulic Press spare parts

Rakman

Hi

I hope someone can help me out. I have a Laycock Hydraulic Press 60 Tonne. Model number 1551.

I am looking for the cup leather seal for the hydraulic oil cyclinder/container.

Also is general if someone still supplies parts for these presses.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi John B

Thanks for the response. I called them up and no joy. The problem I have is that I dont have a original seal as a sample template so basically it has to be someone who has made a cup seal in the past for the 1551model or has them on the shelf. The later being the less likely but I am hoping on anything that can get this press of mine going again. Thanks

Can you not size the shaft and seating? Micrometer or vernier calipers or just calipers and a rule should give some idea of sizes,

Another couple of people to try are www.garage-equipment-direct.co.uk, or www.majorlift.co.uk

Laycocks' made a lot of garage equipment and lifting gear (Felco hoists), Dynamometers, wheel balancers, car lifts, various manual and hydraulic presses,  carburation testing equipment, compression testers, wheel weights and so on.

Good luck with the search and the restoration.