I Forge Iron

100# Peter wright, AKA baby sister

Hey guys, added another anvil to the collection, this is the new baby sister to my fisher and William foster, it weighs 100 pounds and rings like a bell, I would say the rebound is a good 75 to 80 percent. I am not sure if I will keep it, I don't really need three anvils......at least that's what the fiancé says ;) got the anvil and the small shop made mandrel for about a buck a pound, so I didn't get hurt even though the edges are fairly worn on the anvil.

post-280-0-10782100-1377316091_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-94241800-1377316242_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-12267700-1377316251_thumb.jpg

"don't really need three anvils"

Women sooo don't understand.... sheesh!

Looks like a fantastic anvil, and that mandrel will come in very handy!  Only thing I'd do is cut off the screw tabs and weld on a stem that will fit your anvils.  Then you can use it on the anvil or vise.  Really great addition to the shop!

Still have not cut a stump down to size for my William foster so I have not gotten to forge on it yet, but I did forge on my new peter wright last night and I am in love!!!! My fisher is a nice anvil but this little peter wright seemed to move material so much quicker,needless to say, I'm keeping it!!! And I talked it over with the lady and she said that as long as I keep my "junk" out of the yard she doesn't care how many I have :) ....... She can be so understanding at times!