I Forge Iron

News about Bowie Claiborne's October Hammer-in

Bowie's Hammer-in has been scheduled for October 11, 12 and 13th, 2013 in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Bowie has informed me that I will be the first demonstrator on Friday morning starting at 8:00 sharp.

Some of you know that I won the "Best Rail Road Spike Knife" at the Batson Blade Symposium and Knife Show in 2012 for my "Steak Knife" and in 2013 for the "American Eagle". I will be demonstrating how I make these knives.

There is no attendance fee, however, you are encouraged to bring something to donate to Iron In The Hat and to buy tickets. Iron In The Hat is how this event is funded.

There is primitive camping on the grounds and there are hotels and motels close.

I haven't heard anything from or even about Bowie in way too long! Please tell him Frosty says high and wishes him nothing but the best. He used to be a regular on theforge list but that was years ago and I lost track when he stopped posting. Tell him I miss him.

Frosty The Lucky.

Will do.  Maybe this would be a good time for you to come down to the sunny south and visit with others who frequent IFI.

I can't say how much I'd love to but we have a hobby farm and critters that just won't diet and since the accident almost no spending money. Deb and I'd planned on traveling the country, visiting folk and events when I retired but no, I gotta get in a scrap with a vegetable. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...