I Forge Iron

New Guy

BCROB

Hello I'm Rob from British Columbia Canada and I have a new addiction.......................

I'm a self taught knife maker, primarily stock removal, but have recently become infatuated with forging and all that comes with it...........

I was introduced to this site by fellow knife-maker Brad also from Canada.......and a couple other makers north of the border that I know that frequent this site which also encouraged and I personally blame for my recent acquisitions !!!      LOL it's all good !!

I have many questions that you'll see here shortly , thought a quick intro would be a good idea....so thanks for reading this and I look forward to interacting and being a part of this site..............

Rob 

Welcome aboard rob, good to have you. while we love to talk you might want to spend some time reading before you jump in with the questions. I'll bet most have been answered many times already. Some of the guys here can be testy with repeats of repeats of repeated questions. there's a prime example going on right now about a guy wanting to learn to smith by making a useable sword from rebar as a BEGINNER'S project.

Not saying you have or would, that one's an extreme but it get's tiring.

There's nothing wrong with stock removal and in fact unless you're into the crude as forged blades that are only ground on the edges, all knives entail stock removal. I used to be associated with a guy who referred to "grinder Jockies" but for every half hour he spent forging he spent 10+ on the grinder.

GADS! I must be in over-ramble mode today. I'll cut this short. (for me<wink>) Pics, we LOVE pics, shop, tools, process, home, kids, pets, we love em all.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey I know you! Lol

Lots of good info on this forum and a great place to ID some anvils. I know you just got a dandy of an anvil but I can assure you that the addiction will proceed. Tell your wife that I really am sorry that I helped get you hooked lol.