I Forge Iron

Hello from SC

Good morning
Im Brian from SC.ive been smithing for about 8-9 years,industrial welding for 10-11 years and now I am apprenticing as a farrier.
I belong to the Philip Simmons Artists Blacksmith Guild out of Charleston,SC.
Although Ive only been to one gathering, for which could not be helped due to work schedule but am ashamed of,it is a great group of folks.
I am glad to have found this site and hope to obtain some info,tricks n tips and maybe even some friends along the way.
I also hope I can reciprocate.

Good Morning Brian,

Welcome to the keyboard world. Lots of information on this web-site, be patient and dig deep in history, you will find answers to questions you never even thought about asking.

As a courtesy to others on the forum, add your location to your information. There are a lot of people from all over this round rock.

There is an excellent section on knife making and all particulars that go with it. I am not interested in knives, but it still is an excellent read!!

Try to get together with your local Blacksmith Association, there is so much information that is available that is learned through conversation and listening.

Neil

Welcome aboard Brian, glad to have you. Putting your general location in the header is a big help, otherwise you'll never know who in the IFI gang lives within visiting distance.

Last I checked IFI is the largest blacksmithing site on earth with knowledge, experience and characters to match. It's a good place to hang out and talk if nothing else.

Last note, we LOVE pics, all kinds but work, tool, shop, progress, etc. pics are really popular.

Frosty The Lucky.