I Forge Iron

i have followed this groups activities recently with great interest for some time now,,,It reminds me a of a few groups that any smith of any level of experience would be fortunate to join.

I watch so many new smiths on this site struggle trying to learn on their own, If only they could attend events like you post here it would be so valuable.

And to not only rely on the experience and abilities of local smiths,,,bringing in smiths from outside the state is a high mark piece of work.

Wonderful work from all involved.

Wow Rich, that's high praise indeed. thank you.

We're a pretty young club with a lot of new smiths so I think there's a youthful vigor working. many of our meetings have folk taking hammer to hot steel for the first time in their lives. When Gordon Williams was holding his clinic here we had four ladies at the classes. Three had never seen hot steel and two had never heard of blacksmithing, had no idea whatsoever what it was, did or even existed.

Day three was open forge day and all four were taking their hands at the forge, anvil and even power hammer. I odn't know if we'll see three of the ladies again, maybe. lady four was Deb and I'm pretty sure we'll see her again. <wink> As long as we've been married and how many times she's watched me at the anvil, she's never shown any desire to take a slash at it. She did then and turned out a pretty nice wall hook for her barn.

This is the first time I've been involved with something growing like this. It is just soooo wicked cool.

Thanks again Rich.

Frosty The Lucky.