I Forge Iron

Hello

I run a small agricultural engineering firm in Lincolnshire, providing parts, repairs, fabrication etc etc.  Our site was orginally a blacksmiths (since 1896) catering for the needs of farmers of that time.  Obviously things have moved on, but we still have the original workshop, complete with two forges, anvils, mechanical hammer and a set of tools too rival any blacksmith workshop, (talking 100's) .  With that in mind i am interested to know what the market is for the hiring of these sort of premises, if indeed anyone knows.  We are not looking for major money and i would consider hire by the week, day, or even hour, as well as longer contracts.  Any business is keen for the extra income, and i obviosuly still pay rates on the building, but i would really just be happy to see the workshop and all the tools in action again.

If anyone is looking for a place to work, in and around Lincolnshire, then pleasse get in touch and i would be happy to provide pictures and more information.

Thanks

Scott Maplethorpe

01526 860 233

sm@skinns.co.uk

Hello

I run a small agricultural engineering firm in Lincolnshire, providing parts, repairs, fabrication etc etc.  Our site was orginally a blacksmiths (since 1896) catering for the needs of farmers of that time.  Obviously things have moved on, but we still have the original workshop, complete with two forges, anvils, mechanical hammer and a set of tools too rival any blacksmith workshop, (talking 100's) .  With that in mind i am interested to know what the market is for the hiring of these sort of premises, if indeed anyone knows.  We are not looking for major money and i would consider hire by the week, day, or even hour, as well as longer contracts.  Any business is keen for the extra income, and i obviosuly still pay rates on the building, but i would really just be happy to see the workshop and all the tools in action again.

If anyone is looking for a place to work, in and around Lincolnshire, then pleasse get in touch and i would be happy to provide pictures and more information.

Thanks

Scott Maplethorpe

01526 860 233

sm@skinns.co.uk

Hi and welcome to the site, I would suggest making your facilty known to the major colleges holding serious blacksmithing courses, eg Hereford , Warwick, Plumpton, Kingston Maurward, Chichester, Myerscough, this time of year their students are finishing their courses and looking for facilities/premises to use and work from.

I will also put details in our next members newsletter as we also have some members in the Lincoln area.

• 3 weeks later...

Or speak to the people at BABA (baba.org.uk), who will be happy to put you in their newsletter, which often advertises workshop space to rent (if indeed that was not the newsletter that John B already mentioned).

Welcome aboard Scott, glad to have you. Please put your general location in your header it'll really help folk get together if they know your neighborhood.

thanks for offering such a plum situation, it'll go a long way to enticing youngsters into the craft and keep the shop working. I'm thinking you'd have folk lined up this side of the pond.

Frosty The Lucky.