I Forge Iron

June show in anchorage

Hey, I have been talking to a business owner in anchorage who operates a fair trade based gift shop. For those of you not familiar with a fair trade store, the shop is stocked with handcrafted items from all over the world, the owner is certifying that the makers of the goods are being paid a fair price for the products.
She has invited the AK blacksmiths association to display some of our work for the month of june and be included as a stop on June's first Friday art openings. We would be displaying our work, if you want to sell any items you would provide contact info and any sales would be direct through you. Or if you want to just show some of your work that would be fine also. I need to let her know if we are interested pretty soon so let me know what you all think.
Pat

Pat: I don't have anything and would take a long time to come up with something artistic were I still pretty good at the forge. Seriously, I've just recently messed up two tight pineapple twists for dragon bottle openers and they're simple things.

I guess I'm going to have to pass this time. I'm hoping we'll get more invites, I would like to build my skill level enough to take a shot.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey,
I got a couple of replies and have talked to mark, I am going to tell this lady that it is a go . We don't need a ton of stuff to do a good show just a few nice pieces from our membership showing what is being done and is available from local artists and craftsmen. I hope to see most of you at Gordon's demo and we can discuss the June show then.
Pat