I Forge Iron

Resources.

I was chatting with a fellow at Burger King the other day and turns out he works for Garage Doors of Alaska. He said they usually just haul broken and replaced springs to the dump and we were welcome to them, he even offered to hold them for a while if we asked.

I don't know if you're familiar with overhead door springs but they're in the 3/8" stock dia. and can be really long. they make excellent punches, chisels, flint strikers, etc.

If you're interested, they have locations in the valley, Eagle River and Anchorage. (907) 688-0246 or (907) 376-4991.

Frosty The Lucky.

Greetings Frosty,

Lets see .... Travel time to Alaska ...  About 2000 bucks to get there....  7days off the work I should be doing....  But free room and lodging with a lot of story swapping....  Just to get 15 bucks worth of old springs....    Count me in....

Jim

Greetings Frosty,

Lets see .... Travel time to Alaska ...  About 2000 bucks to get there....  7days off the work I should be doing....  But free room and lodging with a lot of story swapping....  Just to get 15 bucks worth of old springs....    Count me in....

Jim

I'll lay in some food and beer, when do I meet the plane?

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty,

I know you guys kill for vices like this...  I just picked this up at a tractor swap meet..... Columbian  6 1/2  Just like new ... less the rust...  Jaws  nut   screw  perfect...  I will keep your offer in mind I'll bet we would have a blast....  The offer goes two ways.... anytime...

Thanx Jim

For the big price of 50 bucks

post-30666-0-44948000-1368834266_thumb.j

Frosty,

I know you guys kill for vices like this...  I just picked this up at a tractor swap meet..... Columbian  6 1/2  Just like new ... less the rust...  Jaws  nut   screw  perfect...  I will keep your offer in mind I'll bet we would have a blast....  The offer goes two ways.... anytime...

Thanx Jim

For the big price of 50 bucks

You just HAD to tell us how little you paid for it. Didn't you? Give me some lead time and an idea of what you want to do, see, etc. and I'll do what I can to set you up.

I married a UPer so it's possible we could get within visiting distance. You just never know.

Frosty, I will have to check out those springs. I had heard of dinner triangles made out of them, which produced a great ring, Oh yeah woke up to about 3 in of snow in Anc this am. Trees are covered, not sure how the roads are looking. At least we know it won't last.

Frosty,

Any time my friend ... The forge is always open...  I'm just over the bridge and 80 miles...

Next time we get down that way, I'll be looking you up. Deb says you're Trolling . . . I'm thinking I'll have quite the list of guys to look up next time we're down thataway.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, I will have to check out those springs. I had heard of dinner triangles made out of them, which produced a great ring, Oh yeah woke up to about 3 in of snow in Anc this am. Trees are covered, not sure how the roads are looking. At least we know it won't last.

I was going to ask if you ordered the snow but realized WE switched to summer tires Thursday and Friday. Stupid global warming!!

I've never made a triangle from spring but it ought to have a strong note. If you harden it the note goes up and make the ends a slightly different length or it won't ring well. Don't know why but it seems to make quite a difference.

Frosty The Lucky.