I Forge Iron

Busy day in the forge

Hi guys. I had a relatively busy day in the forge today and managed to do a couple of projects I had in mind.

First up; a couple of square bar pokers and a hold fast made from an old pry bar.

image.jpg

Both pokers have a short twist in the middle. One has a wrapped rats tail style handle while the other features my first attempt at a leaf style handle.
Pretty basic stuff but always nice to make.

I've been wanting to make a hold fast for some time. It's like having a third hand in the forge. Very useful. I burnt through a lot of fuel to get the 1" round hot enough but it will be worth it.

Secondly is another poker but this time with a round handle and it's own stand alone stand.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is another project I had in mind for a while. It's turned out rather well but I need to figure out an easier way to hold the long stock while forging one end. What I really need is an overhead arrangement with a chain or something.

This is my attempt at a camping buddy. This is a stand you poke in the ground and then you can either use it to hold a pot at one end or skewer something at the other end with the prongs.
It's quite a nifty design actually. Though upon putting it away I discovered that if you put the skewer through the hole on the rest, it doesn't sit flat together. Something it will be rectifying tomorrow.

image.jpg

it definitely works

image.jpg

Lastly, this was more a welding project really. A simple stand to hold unopened letters.

image.jpg
this works nicely too.

image.jpg

Thanks for looking

All the best
Andy

A good days work indeed Andy.

I like the singleton poker&holder. I bet that'd be a marketable item.

That's one big honking hold fast! You don't want stuff getting away do you? I've found I don't like my hold fasts to hold so close to the center of the face, that's where I like working so I make mine to hold closer to the hardy or pritchel hole.

I like the pot/skewer camp set. I've never used one like it, I may have to give it a shot and see.

Thanks for sharing, good show all round.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks frosty. Much appreciated.

It is quite big, I bent it in the wrong place to begin with. I'll do some work with it and see how we get on.

Andy

Haven't I done that now. I seem to have a positive talent for turning finial scrolls backwards on coat hooks. Very special coat hooks you know, the coat will NEVER fall off, heck you can't get it off. <grin> A person has to laugh at these little gaffs. No pun intended. (Believe that? I have interest in a bridge I'd like to interest you in.)

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...