I Forge Iron

US Cellular field - good seats?

ianinsa

Hi All,

Having made the mistake of not asking the local(Frosty) about glasier trips I'll try to avoid that mistake again.

My Wife, Son and I intend going to a baseball game at the US Cellular feild on 5th August to see the White Sox play the NY yankees. We have never been to a baseball game in our lives so all of this is new to us, what do we need to know,wear And what does one take with etc.?

Also whereabouts should one book the seats for(bearing in mind that I'm a blacksmithand therefore cheap...er frugal) jokes aside budget is relevant.

I thank you in antisipation

Ian

Ian: You're not coming to Alaska so I'm not much of a source for local info. As I recall you are going to be in the Seattle area so you have good choices for glacier viewing, Mts. Rainier, Hood, and Baker all have glaciers and reasonably easy access. Heck, Mt. St. Helens may have glaciers again and it's sort of erupting all the time. Steam, ash, etc. no lava. Sorry.

I'm not a baseball fan so no help there at all.

Frosty The Lucky.

Steve, I've seen the diagrams    with the seat layouts and looked at the views- brilliant software- that said. I'm a total ignoramus when it comes to baseball, hopefully soon to change- however I'd have to forfeit if I could win a new bike if I could point out a 3rd base line.

Jacques, I tried listening to the game, but got depressed, I said to myself (when we were 10-13 down) if I carry on listening to this I'm going to have to go and stick my head down the potty so I stopped listening. Lo and behold later on the news I heard they won the game(musta bribed the ref?).

• 3 weeks later...

Steve,  those areas were $140.00  + each, just a little :) more than I wanted to spend so I bought some one block higher up @ $45 each  not cheap but what can you do? Thanks for the input guys.

Any other bits of advice Anyone?

Thanks Ian

Wow. I guess they were closer to the field than it looked. I wouldn't pay that much for seats either. Each ball field has it's own rules. At Busch Stadium, you are allowed to bring in food items and non-alcoholic beverages in soft containers. We usually take a big deli sandwich and chips and bottled water. That's much better than an $8 hamburger, and $5 soda. Somewhere on the web site there should be a list of what they allow to be brought in.

Plan to get to your seat an hour before game time. The players will be doing in-field practice and stretching out.This is also a good time to go down to the field box seats for a close up view and autographs.