I Forge Iron

Hello from Indiana!

oddtodd

Hey everybody! My name is Todd. I am the new blacksmith for the Wayne County Historical Museum in Richmond, IN. I'm kind of learning as I go. I know some metalworking from being in heating and air, but I mostly do demonstrations for school children and tour groups. I did one today that lasted for 3 hours. It was my first one. I made a bolt eye and a holdfast for my anvil. I am going to try to make a pot hanger next.

I am still finding my way around the site, so if I ask some stupid questions, please don't be harsh. I'm learning this computer thing too. I hope to learn a lot of things here and make some friends. Have a good one!

Welcome Oddtodd! I too just helped out at a demo at a local museum yesterday for a group of unruly (private) school kids. Couldn't get them to quiet down till everyone got into place, I just pulled a piece of hot iron out of the fire and got to work. That got their attention!

Love doing school groups, just that some are better then others.