I Forge Iron

macbruce

Macbruce,

I'll give you 50 bucks so you can make 100% profit....   We all have great finds because we see value in anything iron....  I would be ashamed to tell you what I paid for the Champion power hammer I found and bought on April 1...    Listed as yet another power hammer...  Lets just say I came home with most of the money I took...   They should put us on TV as BLACKSMITH PICKERS...

Have a great day,

Jim

Macbruce,

I'll give you 50 bucks so you can make 100% profit....   We all have great finds because we see value in anything iron....  I would be ashamed to tell you what I paid for the Champion power hammer I found and bought on April 1...    Listed as yet another power hammer...  Lets just say I came home with most of the money I took...   They should put us on TV as BLACKSMITH PICKERS...

Have a great day,

Jim

Funny how those nimrods on TV NEVER find any BS stuff. You know they've come across good stuff, how could they not? Either they're very uninformed or they're stupid. You and me Bro, I'd like nothing better than to travel about the country(s) in a Mercedes van looking for you know what... B)

About what would those pieces of 4140 cost if bought new?

Mcmaster Carr's current price at roughly $5.70 per pound my two pieces weighing 50 lbs would have cost $285. If I'd had the two pcs cut from plate (which they were) they would of course been less PP than finished barstock but still pretty spendy........Scrounging pays...... ;)

http://www.mcmaster.com/#6552K471