I Forge Iron

Need Help Identifying A Coal Forge

HWHII

I bought this forge a couple of days ago. I cleaned her up, oiled and built a hood for her. I looked high and low and all over but did not find anything but cast numbers on the bottom of the pan. Does anyone have any idea what it might be or how old it is. The bolts are wrought iron. Thanks!

post-6037-0-71589600-1364510843_thumb.jp

post-6037-0-47166900-1364510855_thumb.jp

post-6037-0-68821800-1364510863_thumb.jp

post-6037-0-44110100-1364510882_thumb.jp

post-6037-0-79110900-1364510890_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

The rod is connected to the arm with the large counter weight on the end.

my son brought home what looks the same as yours  it  seems there is a pendulum  there is the rod to drive from the handle but it is not connected 

how does that connect would there be a drawing somewhere thanks

I got out my big 1894 catalog, and it shows many of the lever type forges, but none quite like yours. The Keystone brand forge had a large wheel with handle and operated with a roller chain. The Buffalo brand forges in my catalog look a little like yours, but the hearths appear to have less length. The Champion shown above is closer to yours in appearance. The style of tuyere with the raised circumference around it is termed a "duck-nest." .

Thanks Frank! It's a odd ball for sure. I have seen the pictures of the Champion and Buffalo but none like this one. I have done every I think but take it apart and the only markings I can find are some initals carved in the handle.