I Forge Iron

Pair of Maidenshair Knives

jmccustomknives

I haven't shared any in a while.  Just about finished with these, just a little polish here and there.  160 layers from L-6 and 1095.  The drop point has a walnut handle, the clip point wood/antler.  The wood is an unknown root burl I recovered from the Black Warrior river last year.  Now if it would warm up. <_<

723495b7-aca1-4e33-9cd3-efb62cc9de46.jpg

Warm up? What's that? How about dry out?   It's a little damp here on the nw Or. coast.

Love found wood. I came across a large Manzanita burl that some hardy sole had dragged off the beach, got tired out and left it on the beach path.

I decided it should be mine, until I tried to lift it. I walked past it for 2 weeks along side the path and finally decided to get a wheelbarrow and muscle it over the dunes. That day, it was gone. Lesson learned. Manzanita burl is deep red with beautiful configuration. I have a small burl that will be usable in the future. Will post it when it is stabilized.

John