I Forge Iron

Got to play this weekend

bembrey

Haven't got to play for a while, got my forge moved to a new spot and fired up. Made several tools, hardy hot cut off from a jackhammer bit, nail header from a leaf spring, square punch (to make the nail header)... Do not have any pictures of those items, but here are a couple of hearts I did... Pony shoe heart, and the heart hook is from a hay rake tine.

post-29108-0-68024200-1361151104_thumb.j

post-29108-0-75709800-1361151119_thumb.j

post-29108-0-35750800-1361151139_thumb.j

Thanx guys... I joined our local blacksmiths guild and in just two meetings, have picked up a lot of great info... Being a "beginner", I don't have any fancy hammers or an excess of any tools but I did learn that it just takes a little work with the 4 1/2 inch grinder to make a cheap harbor freight hammer have the face you want! It seems that at this point in the adventure, I spend a great deal of time making tools... Making tools to make tools! After I get a couple of punches, or a pair of tongs done, I usually get to then make a "something"... You will see a lot of heart themes from me, my wife loves all thing heart. Going to start working on the framing in of my smithy in the next few weeks... concentrate on getting it covered, then walls... Hope to end up with something very similar to Pughman's... love that shop!