I Forge Iron

Give Thanks!

Old N Rusty

A friend and past student at my shop completed  his second tour of duty in Afganistan and has returned to the world , unharmed and whole! SSgt Brian Arnold (no relation) will be leaving the army in April and looks forward to resuming his blacksmithing obsession at Arnold & Anvil Blacksmiths. Brave soldier, many thanks ! I salute you! Thank God!

Danny

"Thank You" Danny for posting. You are speaking about a topic that is constantly and caringly close to my heart.

Thank You SSgt Brian Arnold for your service and associated sacrifice.

Danny you have just helped put a name of a soldier and a situation into our awareness that needs to never be forgotten.

Thank God it is one we celebrate with a smile and not tears.

The price of our freedom to be able to choose a life that we desire to live comes at a great price.

Having seen all too many times when flags were presented, headstones placed,

and I have experienced the very thunderous voice of silence because no words

could rightfully express the experience.

To Those Who Know, “Know”.

To those who don’t know,

no words can explain,

Remember, and Never Forget!

I also know all too well about the unseen scars that trouble many of our military service men and women.

I am speaking about scars that do not always show on the outside, but fester on the inside.

Some wounds and scares are quite visible, and others are masked by our human desire to be healthy and normal.

But time and experience has shown that the invisible scars will eventually surface and also needs the

same proper attention and care that would be given to that of a visibly injured soldier.

What our service men and women do for us each day, all day, is un-payable by us “up-front”.

But we can ease the severity of their situation with showing kindness, Love, and opportunity.

Although I sit each day in a comfortable chair watching TV and eating Twinkie’s and Bonbons,

I have the subconscious awareness that men and women are sacrificing their safety

and comfort 24/7 for me and mine.

So for those who are finally at peace, “Thank You” to them and their families!

And for those who live among us who bear visible and invisible scares for our sake;

Thank You! and God be with you!

Respectfully Ted Throckmorton