I Forge Iron

Cheap New Anvils

I was looking around at new anvils at OldWorldAnvils.com. They claim they will not be undersold but I found the exact same anvils, in greater variety of weights for several hundred dollars cheaper per anvil. 

Some anvils are even $4/LBS.

The website is KowalPerun.com

They also sell the 'Perun anvils' which AnvilFire did a review on.

It might not be economical for someone to ship one here to NA of might be good for anyone in Europe.

I thought anyone looking into buying a new anvil might find this helpful.

http://kowalperun.com

Bob,

I just commented on something similar on another post about the type of fuel they use here. I have asked, and though I have not actually observed any smithing, the answers I have gotten throughout my travels here are the same whereever I have gone, "There's a Smith in the next village, valley, town! What do you need, I take and get fixed!"

"No, No, I want to go see the Smith, talk smith buisness with him."

"Ohhh... No good sir, no good sir. Bad people in that street, village, valley, town - you no go there! I go I get for you. Special price! You like brother to me..."

Yeah, right. Brother you'ld shank if I turned my back on you and you thought you could get away with it.

Usually, I have to draw an anvil and hammer and then they understand what I am talking about. So my guess is that the London Pattern anvil is known as an "Anvil." But this is Afghanistan, and I am willing to bet that anything heavy, flat, and hard is used. Remember, the Soviets left a lot of armored vehicles lying around here, so you can bet pieces are used for all sorts of things.

I've been told that there was quite an artist blacksmith industry here before the Soviet/Taliban/American occupations.

Best regards,

Albert