I Forge Iron

hello

mrfixit

Hi I'm mrfixit, the handle came from 30+ years in Glass Manufacturing Maintenance and engineering. 65 now and retired, doing a lot of the things I never had time to do working and on call 24/7. I tinker with engines, do welding, build small steam engines, repair air compressors ( when working I worked on some as big as 2000 hp and some with 36 inch bore ). Just tinkering with what ever feels good today. Thanks for letting me join your forum.

Mrfixit
Welcome to IFI
I have tryed to say it many different ways, but I would have to say that Joseff said it all when he said "Welcome mrfixit, I'm fairly new here myself. Feel like a kid in a candy store".
Please feel free to post photographs (hint,hint), we love photos and information about what your doing.
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted

• 11 months later...

Howdy form EAST TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI. Great bunch of folks here with TONS of knowledge to tap into. All ya gotta do is ask, shoot, with some you don't even have to ask!;) Bunch to see in the gallery and we have THE best blueprints (how-to-do-it section) on the net! Kick your shoes off, grab a soda, and look around.So enjoy, and as Ted mentioned, we like pictures! bunches of pictures. Once again, welcome.