I Forge Iron

A couple knives

GRiley904

Very nice; especially for early work. My biggest comment is the pictures - try to get your hands on a family/friend's camera instead of cell phone pics. The 5th pic looks like a back yard, try to shoot outdoors more often (natural lighting is better).
Your clip point is pretty aggressive looking. Will you be doing more handle work or polishing 'er up or is it all finished? Plus, how'd you heat treat these suckers?

Well both are made from rr spikes and from what I hear most of those are low carbon and don't ready harden so I didn't bother heat treating. They're mostly for novelty and practice on my hammer stroke. In that pic the handle is not finished, after I buttoned the handle on there was a lil file work. I also gave that one away and I think he did some sanding after I was done if I can get another pic of it finished I will post it here. That was an old flip phone I had and the camera was not great, I have an android now and the pics come out much better now. Thanks for the kind words TheoRock, I always like complements. That was my first handle and I do plan to do more, but I want to take a step back from knives and focus on learning more, then I'll revisit this when I can produce s something of usable quality.

Thanks again,
Riley
P. S. By file work I mean just getting the button smooth with the handle so mostly just touching that handle up.

Not bad at all Riley and glad you're wise to RR spikes. The last knife with the antler handle is much nicer. It has a better profile and the proportions between blade and handle are much better. Keep these so you can look back to when you were just getting into it. It's a good thing to be able to look at progress in your own skills sets. Makes you feel good.

Frosty the Lucky.