I Forge Iron

Another New Guy

Thought i'd drop a line to introduce myself. I have been a avid hobbying smith for about a year now. My brother in law and I have been putting a shop together and he encouraged me to get on Iforge Iron. Very excited about this craft and am very open to new ideas/suggestions. Also, I am a member of the Old Dominion Blacksmith Association in Virginia.

Adam its great to see you hanging out!!! Long time no see! Hope ya'll can make it up to some of The Blacksmith Guild of Virginia meetings.

May 19: Brian Gilbert(ABANA editor of "The Hammers Blow") will be at Yesteryear Forge. It will be well worth the trip. Check the site for more info: Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home

Peyton

Adam the Mortician
Welcome you to IFI.
WOW, as old as I am, just seeing your moniker sends chills through this old unhealthy body…………….. (Just kidding), …. well, not really, I think!
I believe I can speak for a lot of people found here at IFI when I say that we love to view photos. As you know “one photo speaks……words.
As you assemble your shop please consider photographing the progress you make, and of your self, and of your tools or products that you produce. It just may give an old hand a new idea or a lot of ideas for other smiths who are just starting into blacksmithing.
I found over the last (+) 50 years that blacksmithing is a fun vehicle to be hooked on!
I wish you the very best to you as you travel down the blacksmith highway!
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted . . . . . . .>. who is trying to stay ahead of Adam the Mortician!