I Forge Iron

What could it be????

I don't have a clue, but I'm thinking about bidding on it because I don't have one in my tool box. Could it be used for splicing or twisting wire cables? Ever see one before?

$T2eC16F,!ygE9s7HHg1pBP-iU+sKcg~~60_57.J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unknown-Hand-Crank-tool-/271033465790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1ada7bbe#ht_500wt_1021

I am going to go way out on a limb and say it is a copper tubing bender for coiling HVAC line without kinking. Note the adjustable positions for the wooden sheaves, that allows you to set the coil diameter, and the thumbscrew pusher for setting the offset distance between the coils.

Indispensable for the home distiller!

Someone on ebay is now saying that it's a Pool Cue Cutter used to trim the end for installing the tip and ferrule.

I looked all over the net for an example and haven't found anything like it. The spiral gear does remind me of the cutter in an old-timey pencil sharpener, but what guides the shaft? And why bother with those pulley/spool things?

And that mount? Why the angle?

$(KGrHqJ,!noE-z)J)NILBP-iVQ88tg~~60_57.J

Someone on ebay is now saying that it's a Pool Cue Cutter used to trim the end for installing the tip and ferrule.

I would say that's a good bet but there is no chuck for turning the cue.

The wooden pullys could hold the shaft and the cue truned by hand, I suppose. It's a tenon cutter for sure.

Here is pic of one I found in a search.post-3873-0-81041500-1345028597_thumb.jp

Well, the angle to the mount looks to be pretty darn close to the inside (table side) angle of a pool table rail, and the width of the clamp looks close to the size of the old, well made, pool table rails. Maybe it was set up for a traveling cue salesman/repair man? No matter what it is, it still looks cool! And, as Im fond of saying, you cant have too many tools, never know when you might need a (insert obscure tool name here)!

Not a tenon cutter, I think. The spools aren't adjustable enough, judging by the wholes in the aluminum, to hold much, and they don't face towards any type of cutting apparatus.

Additionally, in the first picture we can see a guide of some kind that has a thumbscrew to fix it in position on the rail. While this guide faces the spiral cutter/gear, what would it be guiding?