I Forge Iron

Rachet tap wrench

macbruce

I generally don't recomend HF tools but I like this one. The handles glide out to a respectable 10.5'' or fold in to 5''.....The rachet is a treat for starting holes or if you use 2 flute production taps you can just go for it....Nicely fit and finished.....$20

post-15096-0-06436900-1343496007_thumb.j

post-15096-0-36028000-1343496042_thumb.j

post-15096-0-65670600-1343496158_thumb.j

• 9 months later...

Where might one procure such a fine tool?

Welcome aboard Dan...... ... HF is one of the many acronyms used around here...... There's ASO=anvil shaped object, PH= power hammer, LG=Little Giant, BFH= really big hammer, SS=Safty Sally, stainless steel or ..........well, you get it...... :D

Btw, That wrench has held up well over the last year.

Welcome aboard Dan, glad to have you. It's really nice to see a header I don't have to Ponder the fellows location. <grin>

Nice too tip Bruce! I'll check out the local Home Depot before bracing HF. This'll beat the stuffings out of my tapping wrench for most uses. My main trick for starting taps is to chuck the tap up in the drill press or lathe without moving the stock, and hand turn it to start the tap.

This nifty little wrench will make twisting a much easier job.

Frosty The Lucky.