I Forge Iron

Young Smiths in Bryan, TEXAS!!

Alan Lee contacted me a couple of days ago saying they are going to host the Young Smiths at their shop in Bryan, Texas this August 4th. The young men will do a workshop, I'm assuming it will be very much like what they are doing at the ABANA conf This is an excellent opportunity for those of us that were unable to attend the conf. this time around...I know I'm bummed about it but Just do it this year... BUT I will be at Jeff and Alan Lee's the first weekend of August! This is a free gig according to Alan, (I'm positive the meal will be donation thing) but He mentioned that we will do something to help with some of the Young Smiths' expenses. I'm thinking those that want can bring IRON-N-THE-HAT items or auction items.

Folks, There are NO BETTER hosts for blacksmiths than the Lee Brothers, Jeff and Alan. These guys go the extra mile to make every one fill right at home. I can assure you that you WILL be glad you came! This will be one of those events that we'll still be talking about yrs from now. I just pity the next Young Smiths!! they are going to have some LARGE shoes to fill! ;)

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of ya there. TDean

I am a supporter of the Young smiths....yes.I wish I could have been at the conference too but here i am at home.
The two of the youngsmiths from Tex are examples of hardworking good young kids. in time we will learn of their abilities at the max but now their abilities have been something I desire to have. Kainon and Daniel are fine young men...smiths

The YS demo today with Brian and Lyle was outstanding! They will demo again tomorrow morning for the last time at the conference and plan to wow everyone with more!

You really should try to see them at the Lee Bros. it will be the last time these 4 will be together for a while. Alec must return home in the UK. We are working on next year already.

These young Smiths have stood like men at the forge and Brian and I have been proud to be apart of this...Karen

A good opportunity, if you missed the ABANA conf., to see the Young Smiths and Bryan Brazeal and I bet Lyle Wyn will be around also! I hope to get there on Thursday but that is still up in the air but I WILL be there! Come help support and encourage these young men as they carry the art forward. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

The Young Smiths have neared the end of the journey. Dave will be heading home tomorrow and Alec will hang out till the 16th I believe. We had a great time in Bryan TX. The Young Smiths did a great demo, had two forges going the whole time and got a lot accomplished. I enjoyed meeting everyone. When everything was over the Lee brothers let the Young Smiths play with the big boy toys. They got to use three different power hammers and they had a blast. Thanks again for all the support from everyone that was involved and I am proud to be able to say I had a part in this fantastic voyage. Here are the pics of the Demo.

https://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/YoungSmiths2012AtTheLeeBrothers?authuser=0&feat=directlink

IMG_8598.JPG

Had a wonderful time! Sorry for those that couldn't make it. The auction was mind blowing as we took in nearly DOUBLE of what we had first expected, just a testament to the hearts of the blacksmith community. There were representatives of HABA, Balcones, LAMA, and Saltfork present! All I can say to those of you that could not come, you missed a great day! You will just have to look at Lyle's pictures and the videos on Face Book and YouTube now.

Dave Custer was KING of the Nazel 3B!!! He took 1.5"rd down to 3/4" rd and made it look as though it had been turned in a lathe! and it was perfectly straight! It was fun watching Dave, Daniel, and Alex work on the Big Blue, Kick-Ass, and the BIG BOY, especially watching the expressions on each face as they worked the metal. Priceless!

A Special Thank YOU!! goes to Alan n Jeff Lee and the Steephollow Forgeworks for hosting this event. To Bryan n da Boys, Dave, Daniel, Kainon, and Alex for the SHOW! and to Lyle for all the Pictures. Karen and Patrica also cooked and cleaned and no telling what all with little or no recognition during this journey. Thank you all.

To Bryan...."Now what do ya wanta do?" :D