I Forge Iron

What do you think

bjor_veidhinn

My 3 1/2" was $40 complete and 4 hours away-well worth it I thought and my 5" was about the same distance and missing the spring and mounting bracket for $35 and I think it was still well worth it! Go get it!!!

Well I'd like to see the screw better as *everything* on a postvise is fairly easily and cheaply reparable save for the screw and screwbox. Unfortunately most folks selling one never post the *1* picture most needed to evaluate the vise.

Like most things *location* is important---why many of us put our general location in our profile. Don't know where *you* are at but that price is a decent price most places I've lived and I typically look for vises missing mounting parts as they drop the price and are so simple to make.

Can you make a meandering trip to get it stopping at fleamarkets, junk stores, etc and loading up on rusty iron on the way? (I remember a fellow telling me "you can't buy these for less than XYZ" who was a bit nonplussed when I showed him the two I had picked up on the way over for about half of XYZ apiece...)

Also does that seller have any other smithing tools? A hardy or hammer or two thrown in can really make that price *shine*!

• 2 weeks later...