I Forge Iron

Make a Wish Upon a Star, Blacksmith Anvils Near and Far

My younger brother, who is an engineer for the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, visited me at my shop on Sunday. He told me he had spied a "humongous" anvil en route to my shop, four miles from me, sitting in front of a farmer's barn. Needless to say, I went to investigate this rumor of an anvil-beast. Both of my brothers dabble in blacksmithing, each possessing forge and anvil, which Stuart graciously provided for both of them, so I had to take the rumor seriously. Lo and behold, when I rode up on this farmer's barn, there was a PERFECT 400 LB Peter Wright-beast sitting on a wooden stump, just sitting there minding its own business. Phil the Pharmer wasn't there, so I left my business card with his daughter(which has a picture of my big anvil on it). Stuart is hoping like crazy his cell phone rings; if I purchase that anvil, it will free up a 300 lber for someone needing an big anvil on this site.