I Forge Iron

where to find coal in UT?

Im attempting to begin blacksmithing but i keep running into brick walls that i dont know how to get past. My biggest issue is the coal, i have asked tons of people and no one knew of a place to get it. Ive seen coal being sold on ksl but ive been told thats the wrong type. Here in utah there doesnt seem to be much blacksmithing activity so i need to find the closest area to get my coal and tools. If anyone knows of a close by coal source please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Bass Angler,
Most of the blacksmiths that I know around Utah are using coke it is getting hard to get my last was from Christensen Trucking and Coal in Spanish Fork Utah. They are even having a hard time to get it. I will call them today and see what is currently going on. How much are you interested in. If you only need a 55 gal barrel full maybe I could sell you one.
As Ted said there is alot of blacksmithing going on in Utah. Do check out the BFC web site we have a meeting going on up close to you next Saturday.The web site gives all the details.
Gaylan

We could always go in on a shipment from L-brand. I too have been searching here in Utah. We can have a ton delivered to my shop and split it? It is coal coke, I got a quote a while back for a ton. I think it was $850 delivered for the ton. 40 bags, 50lbs each.

(null)