I Forge Iron

Don't count out antiquie stores just yet..

Yetti

I scored a nice Champion Blower today. $18
me and the wife got to the first store and walked about 30 feet it was right at my feet laying in a corner. I picked it up and it was all there even some kind of clamp thing for holding the blower to something. only thing I found missing when I opened it up was a blower housing screw to hold the cast part to the side of the gear box. its was stuck a little but no rust inside. gave it a squirt of 3 n 1 oil and off it went
I found a couple small anvils too, nothing to write home about. I did find an odd set of tongs. they were 50" long and had a hooked bite about an inch in diameter on each side??? I haven't a clue what they were for?

Talked to Moony and Rusty in Chat yesterday and they thought the were wheel makers tongs. the way the bite was set up it was for lifting the hot tires out of the fire by the edge and carrying them over to drop on the wheel assembly

the handles were round edged flat stock. they were made to be strong one way and not the other, and they closed flat together like most tongs. the grip ends were very short. maybe 2" of total material in each jaw peice from the pivot point. I would assume they were ment to grip something fairly heavy.