I Forge Iron

Hey yall,

last Friday I picked up some "new" blacksmith tools, and one of them is this old cast iron forge, but the strange thing is there isn't a brand name on it. So yall got any idea who made this forge?? I have done a LOT of searching on Google, but the only time I found a forge like mine was on google images when I typed in "railroad forge" and there was only 1 photo of a forge that looked like this one.
photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

DSC00085-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

If yall got any Idea's of who made this forge please let me know.

Thanks,
Trip

No name is somewhat the exception. Buffalo, Potts, and Champion are very common in Pennsylvania and they all cast their names into their equipment. Potts would cast their name into the blower and not necessarily the forge or tuyer. So if it was made by Potts or another company that only put their name on the attached blower, that would explain the lack of name on the forge. Any chance you can find the blower that came with the forge?

Are the legs half round or full pipe? hard to tell in the photos. If pipe, they have the same curve/stance as a Tiger model blower and stand I have, and that was Cannady Otto if I recal. Nice, nice forge table, love the watertrough on the end.

Trip,

Take a look at this thread and at the ebay listing I added. While the forge in the ebay is not like yours. It shows a pic of how the blower attaching pointing on it. I can see the hole in yours but the other one shows the clamp. The blower he has can give you an idea of what to look for. I would think he can get you measurements of the blower.

Just a pointer.

http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/26525-looking-to-buy-forge-pan-that-fits-my-blower/page__p__271362#entry271362

Brian Pierson