I Forge Iron

Reproduction of Jacques Adnet table

Mark  Emig

Hi All,
This is pretty much a straightforward fabrication job, but I'm having fun with it so I thought I'd post some pics. My client came to me with some pics and asked if I could duplicate it, He didn't want to spend $35,000 on the original. The legs and ring get covered in leather, the top will be glass with a partial mirrored surface about 6" in from the outer edge. 4 bronze handles where the legs meet the ring. 36" diameter 15" high.post-1460-0-56178400-1334396596_thumb.jppost-1460-0-90665900-1334396639_thumb.jppost-1460-0-07458000-1334396670_thumb.jppost-1460-0-10854100-1334396700_thumb.jp
And yes, I know my shop is an awful mess-I'm trying to do a little better-you should have seen it before I started changing my habits.
I did most of the bending with the Hossfeld, and adjustments with the screw press.

No, but I am getting properly compensated. This is a time and materials job. Great client-I've done a LOT of stuff for him (50 foot of rail. 2 sets fireplace doors,zinc wrapped door,countertops, etc), and he keeps giving me more work. Next is a different Adnet hutch of sorts-wood and steel, with the steel wrapped in leather again. I'm actually having fun with it also-it's cool to figure out how someone else did something.

• 1 month later...