I Forge Iron

Ox, Forged Iron

I have'nt posted any work in a while, made use of an Iron fence upright in this work, lovely to forge.
It is mechanically mounted on a charred oak pinth with patinated bronze footing. Size 30cm high and same in length.

post-2685-0-80098600-1331107537_thumb.jp

thats lovely work myloh - particularly like how youve made his head, and front legs, its very striking and looks STRONG. :) the textures on the back end are fab too - theres a lot to look at there - i really like it :)

Remonds me of the cave paintings in Lascuax.

Do you happen to know Peter Fallon in Galway? I worked with him when he lived in the States.

Ric

Ric I've never met him but will keep my eye out for him, having said that have met "basher", he occasionally runs a course from ours.
Thank you all for the kind remarks. It is true in my book, to avail of traditional techniques allows each element to have its own identity within the piece. With construction, the excitment comes from how the elements relate with eachother for the whole. When elements are welded and the weld made invisible definition of elements is reduced. For me assembly using traditional technique is refreshingly inspiring again, exciting times !

• 2 weeks later...