I Forge Iron

Pirate's Punches

Sam, Yes!!!

Beth, in layered steel if you stamp something, like this skull and cross bones into it and then flatten it back to fill in the punch, or grind down you push the design into the pattern so that you would have skull and cross bones as part of the pattern. Maybe Sam will do an example for you. :D

thanks guys!

Tim hey!!! I been good! Left PV in October, got back to my own shop. Worked a bit with Robert Eggerling, will be getting back there soon once my truck is fixed. It's great cause Alysia my girlfriend lives 10 minutes away from him, and they are both 10 minutes away from the best scrapyard EVER! What class you thinkin about? How have you been?

Not sure Sam, still thinking it over. Great to hear life is rolling along and with your favorites all with in 10 minutes of each other life is sweet. Got a notice we "NJBA" will be have a meeting at PV in April and to my suprise and great fortune you will be giving a demo, That is great!!!
Can't wait buddy. Bring pix or samples of the latest works.
Tim

I'm a bit partial to the skull punch myself, this skull is one I made to stamp my horseshoes with at school.. though someone called it a ghost from pac man lol
I moved to the horseshoe after then to the xpeen hammer profile for most of my current work with a new design in my head that I hope to get into steel soon.

Good work on the head and bone, I didnt have room on horseshoes for the full jolly roger with the tools I had at the time.

post-7113-0-47963000-1332469124_thumb.jp

hey Sam, your mail is full, whats the cost for the PV meet on the 14th?

I don't think there is a cost.

"While Peters Valley is hosting the event, the New Jersey Blacksmiths Association will provide lunch. The "Iron in the Hat*" helps the NJBA to defray the cost so remember to bring something with you. There is no admission or cover to this event. It begins at 10AM."

• 2 weeks later...