I Forge Iron

smithy1AKA Larry H

Larry H

Well I guess I'll come out of obscurity, some of you know me, Larry Hagberg A rough around the edges, opinionated old bast....I mean coot , old coot. I've been a blacksmith in NYC for 40 years, 27 0f which are working for parks, with three to go, and the home shop to small now, i'm building a 24x30 in the yard to work and teach....If I can remember anything anymore.

So, are you changing handle or just want us to have your real name to hurl invective at if you tick us off enough? Just being an opinionated old coot hardly puts you in a special class around here, many of us reached old coothood decades ago some being curmudgeons, some, just crusty and cranky and just don't care what you call us. (That'd be me)

Of course I may have missed your point entirely but I have dents in my head as an excuse so . . .

Frosty The Lucky.

smithy1, or (AKA) Larry Hagberg,
Either identity distinguishes you as a seasoned veteran blacksmith by anyone who knew you by either moniker.

But I think it is a good thing to clearly reveal your name for up-front for business reasons.
Like you say, when you start teaching, people will want to refer to you by name as to who is teaching them,
or who taught them.

By you using your birth name, it will eventually mean a lot to your self, and to the people who you have taught.

For a good Example: Out here in Utah, if someone said they had training by Frank Turley, we did not question their ability after that.
He taught The “Granddaddy of Blacksmithing Schools” i.e.” Turley Forge Blacksmithing School located in Santa Fe, NM”

Franks name has become like gold to most of the blacksmiths who have been around this area for a while.
I always wanted to take training from Frank – but age and health issues has made me into a “Blacksmith Wannbe” again.

I am sure you will make your name to mean “one and the same as quality blacksmith training”.

Your sound advice and excellent examples in the blacksmithing craft have already preceded you, and have identified who you are.
And that is a good thing in this case.

I wish you the very best in your as you venture into this new opportunity in your craft of Blacksmithing.
Ted Throckmorton

Frosty....changing my handle ?, nah... its just me, you can call me what ever you want, and I've been ticking people off for years, and I'm getting pretty good at it.

Ted...thank you for your kind words, you are truly a man whose hand that I would like to shake

Tim...I have shaken your hand,....and Wadda ya meen..sarcasm ? wad i say?.....xxx ? (oops is that bad ?)