I Forge Iron

Need blacksmiths to demo sell wares at UK shows

My understanding - John, please correct me if I am wrong - is that if you are a member of the Blacksmiths' Guild and you are attending a show as part of the Guild (i.e. selling & giving demo's etc.), you will be covered by the Guild's insurance. That is assuming, of course, that you act reasonably and follow 'Health & Safety' norms.

When I lived in UK I went to a lot of these shows and I loved every second of being there. The fabulous thing for me starting out was that it cost me nothing other than petrol to get there and a trailer turned up with all the gear on board to set up. it really does not matter how little you know and you will get in lots of practice, practice, practice ! The public love to watch even if you are only putting a point on the end of something and the other blacksmiths there always knew more than me so I never tired of anything to learn and discover. It was also good to sell a little hook or two or sometimes more. Hope this post encourages people to take the plunge and get involved. You will not regret it and it would be terrible to lose this ' free ' facility !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

The first show will be Thame (April 8th & 9th).

Anyone wishing to attend, whether for giving demo's or sales, please let me know in the next few days.

As John has written above, anyone at any skill level is welcome, the only requirement is Guild membership (so you are insured at the show).

Thanks,

Giles

i have decided i wont do this one giles as i have another show here that covers that weekend, but if you would be good enough to pop a message just like that last one for the other shows, on here, then im sure i will be able to do one if not more. i would really like to come and demo at one of them at least :)