I Forge Iron

Recipe for hot sauce

HWooldridge

Since MacBruce started the Mexican food thread, I figured I'd share my favorite hot sauce recipe - but I'm not limiting this to any particular type of food...feel free to share whatever you think is a yummy dish!

This is extremely simple but very good:

1 jalapeno pepper (remove seeds and veins to reduce heat)
1 medium tomato
1 clove garlic, peeled

Cut each item in half lengthwise and place cut side down in a flat pan; place under the stove broiler until all pieces are lightly charred (you want some black showing on the pepper and tomato but not crispy). Remove from heat and put all pieces in a blender then puree, add Worcestershire sauce and a little salt to taste; serve hot straight from the blender.

Jalapenos arnt bad I have eaten a whole one of them in one bite. HOBENAROS are bad I thought one was a small Bell Peper once, THAT WAS VERY BAD.

Jalapenos arnt bad I have eaten a whole one of them in one bite. HOBENAROS are bad I thought one was a small Bell Peper once, THAT WAS VERY BAD.

Habs will rip your lips off..... :blink: ......But I found that some jalapenos will do about the same sometimes......Some days at my favorite restrant they are like bells and others they'll blow your socks off!,,,,The waitress brought me two teeny peppers shaped like footbals, one red one green on the same stem......Thought they woud trick the Gringo....I nipped a teeny off the tip and OMG!!! Me wise Gringo.......

Ok. Science nerd time.

I recently run across an article that in the wild, hot peppers vary the amount of capsacin (sp ?, the hot stuff) based at least in part on the amount of rain fall. It appears the capsacin is there to reduce fungal attack that is more likely under wet (as in rainy) conditions.

ron
just full of useless information.

Ok. Science nerd time. I recently run across an article that in the wild, hot peppers vary the amount of capsacin (sp ?, the hot stuff) based at least in part on the amount of rain fall. It appears the capsacin is there to reduce fungal attack that is more likely under wet (as in rainy) conditions. ron just full of useless information.

That agrees with what an older Mexican man told me years ago about growing hot peppers. He said, "The nicer you are to the chile, the nicer he will be to you." - meaning lots of fertilizer and water equals fast growing peppers with less heat.

That agrees with what an older Mexican man told me years ago about growing hot peppers. He said, "The nicer you are to the chile, the nicer he will be to you." - meaning lots of fertilizer and water equals fast growing peppers with less heat.

I've found this to be true, I use fertilizer but my pepper plants get only enough water to grow......I love the ''glow'' they give me....Mild jalapenos and seranos don't float my boat.....;-)