I Forge Iron

Bufco Blower Fan BROKE!!

Prokopto

One of the fins on my little rivet forge blower broke off today. The fan periodically strikes a rivet head inside the fan housing and I had been meaning to fix that but I'm somewhat of a procrastinator.

Question: Is it possible to have it mig welded back on? Is there a source for replacement fans?

Needing a little help for a little rivet forge,

Bill

*Procrastinators UNITE tomorrow!*

Frequently the blades are riveted on, or bent out of a single piece of sheet metal. I have seen very few examples, but the one I own is bent from a single piece. Depending on where it broke you could have it welded or re-riveted fairly easily. You probably should check all the other blades while you are at it. It probably would work one blade down...and vibrate very not-so-nicely.

The fan is the most simple part of the blower. If you needed to you can probably make one once you get it apart.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem on an old no-name blower that I have had for 30 years. I finally borrowed another similar-size one and used the fan as a pattern. Plasma cut it out of fairly heavy guage sheet, cleaned it up and twisted the blades hot. It works very well, with very little vibration. In my case, I was missing several blades and had no "repair" option. I think I would try the repair first.

• 3 weeks later...