I Forge Iron

my attempt at a dragon head

I attended a 2 day work shop with the Alabama Forge Council at Vulcan Forge in Tannehill State Park where we meet once a month. I have been active in blacksmithing since may of this year so I know I have along way to go... but with that in mind I learned a lot this past weekend about making some tools and animal heads. I wish that I would have taken a note book. If this works and my pictures up load I would like to show off my dragon head.
post-22218-0-94876500-1318302117_thumb.jpost-22218-0-99223600-1318302054_thumb.j

Those are very fine looking dragon heads, now you have to learn to make the bodies to go with it. I'll give you some advise an old blacksmith gave to me, those little table of paper that fit in your shirt pocket always carry one with you. He told me you never know when an idea will pop in your head, sketch it out so you don't forget. You might meet someone and they want you to make some candleholders well you need their name and phone number. You get the message, have fun with what ever your making and your doing a great job.