I Forge Iron

AFC Annual Meeting September 8,9,10th 2011 (This week)

cvmikeray

Got to meet and hang with a few IFI memebers at the AFC event this weekend. Had a great time as usual and enjoyed meeting IFI members there. Got to hang a bit with Unforgivin
and Jeffro1205. Met at least a few more members but can't recall their IFI names. I'll post a few pics I took.... only took a few this year for some reason ... busy having a good time I guess !!!

For a newbie like me this weekend was a great experience. I got to meet a lot of people that have been doing this since long before i was born.

The demo's were great. Steve made tongs and dies both days and made it look so easy. The other demo was coppersmithing and that was amazing.

Lots of tailgate deals, and i picked up a few things i needed cheep. The best thing that i got out of this weekend was just meeting people and talking to them. Some hobbies you get into people will not tell you anything, not here all you have to do is be interested, ask a question and get ready because everyone is very open about things. All and all this weekend makes me want to get into blacksmithing more.

Good people and good times
Till next time Thanks for your time
Jeff

http://www.iforgeiro...rst-convention/

Link to the other thread I posted on this, dunno why I didn't just post it here.

I'll post the pics here too though :)

300309_10150808253255525_691835524_20951
Forge pavilion where Steve Parker held tong and die demos

301611_10150808252200525_691835524_20951
Iron in the hat/auction. I can't remember the auctioneers name (Mike might) but he did an excellent job.

308404_10150808249720525_691835524_20951
Mike holding up some of his booty from the weekend.