I Forge Iron

Introducing myself

hammerandtongs

Hi there everyone, may I please introduce myself. I am a a hobbiest metal basher and I am interested in all things mechanical.
I have been forging with 5160 (leaf springs) on a coal forge for the last couple of years.I like to turn junk into something useful.Im interested to learn more from other forum members on the honerable art of the blacksmith.
I am also interested in building machines (from junk parts) for use in the metal working shop.
Best wishes to all. Hammerandtongs:)

hammerandtongs,
Welcome. I will be interested in reading your posts.
When I read your post. It made me smile at my self. I sometime I still do the reverse of what you said about "turning junk into something useful".
Every once in a while I still make junk out of something that was useful.
Then I place it in my pile of shame (scrap pile).
The best to you as you develop your skills in blacksmithing.
Be safe!
Ted

Clarke-kentski,yeasteryearforge and Ted
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Ted so true so true for every coin there is a reverse side, on the up side we learn that with patience and practice comes good, along the way we make some scrap but what the heck that scrap has given us its knowledge before it departed this good life- its that knowledge which points us in the right direction next time. Cheers Guys H&T