I Forge Iron

Looking for a 200# steam hammer

Oops! Did I ruin another poor soul. Chambersburg 200, 250, and 300 was all the same hammer they just changed the ram weight. There should be at least a half dozen of them in your area (Illinois). The army corp of engineers ordered 59 of these back in Dec. 1950 for $2,422.68 each, mine is the only one that has been accounted for so there may be a warehouse somewhere with the other 58 parked and never used!

Google pulled up this one, http://www.anvilfire.com/power/adverts/blackrose.htm and Welder Jim had a 200 for sale.

Thanks Danger Dillion. How can I get in touch with Welder Jim? The hammer on anvilfire has dies that are square to the hammer, your dies are on a 45 to the hammer correct? What is the throat of your hammer (to the center of the die)?

I'll have to measure,

What kind of work do you do?

Mostly modern design furniture fabrication and custom hardware. I make these forged table tops out of up to 28" square plate and need half that in throat to suffice. I have a Phoenix hammer (before they went to the one piece frame). I ended up modifying it so I have the throat dimensions I require, but now I'm finding I need a little more power.

I have a 300lb Chambersberg, the big brother to the one Dillon posted sitting in my yard... Its in real nice shape... I dont actually own it but its for sale and if you wanted it A deal could be made... I have some video of it when we ran it in my shop on face book..

Larry,

I Guess there is a veritable treasure trove of goodies/toys in that Aladins cave that poses as your shop. :D

Ian

From the back corner of the die is 8" to the front corner is 17".

The two hammers on Egay are 1000lb for $47,000 and a 2000lb. for $57,000 I would sell my fresh rebuilt 750 for a cool 35 grand!

For a hammer and the air compressor the blackrose hammer is a pretty good deal if it works and all.

Any pics of the tables you are doing Smithworks?

From the back corner of the die is 8" to the front corner is 17".

The two hammers on Egay are 1000lb for $47,000 and a 2000lb. for $57,000 I would sell my fresh rebuilt 750 for a cool 35 grand!

For a hammer and the air compressor the blackrose hammer is a pretty good deal if it works and all.

Any pics of the tables you are doing Smithworks?

What blackrose hammer are you speaking of?

Sorry for the Giant photos

post-14863-0-25838100-1308783422_thumb.j

post-14863-0-92179800-1308783470_thumb.j

What blackrose hammer are you speaking of?

http://www.anvilfire.com/power/adverts/blackrose.htm
I think they mean the above, but that went a decade ago....anvilfire is not exactly "johnny on the Spot" for removing or dating old postings.
I called Craig on that and got to him only a year after it was gone...went to his Niece's wedding some six years ago and at that time he had a 7B and 9B Nazel for sale......mmm 9B......did not know they made then that big till I saw the image of his helper Chris standing under the top die and it not touching his head.
I believe it went to China.

I think you need that 300 weight Smithworks.
Or
the 250 Little giant in Tennessee by another friend of mine:
http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/21804-fs-250-little-giant-in-tennessee/

Ric